

Ohhhh memories.... Macrina Bakery holds so many fond memories of my college years. Pretty much every Saturday morning my girlfriends and I would hop into our sweats and stroll on down. The french style bakery is filled with local artists paintings, the sound of people chattering and the smell of delicious pastries. It's a small and intimate place that makes you feel as though you're somewhere far away. It's always been a nice escape. I actually think it's an ideal way to start a weekend....a nice walk, a warm mocha and a slice of fresh fruit coffeecake. I love it because each of my friends has their favorite....dill scone with cream cheese, rocket muffin, buttermilk biscuit with jam... that I know they'll order each time they go in.
Now that I think about it, it was like our Central Perk. If you've ever watched Friends you'll know what I'm talking about. Each time we are all back together in the city, Macrina is always a must. It's a place we've shared stories, secrets, tears, laughter and great food. If I ever left the city, I would truly miss it.

No comments:
Post a Comment