This week I was looking at Seattle Metropolitan magazines "Best Breakfasts" issue and realized that there are so many great restaurants in the city that I've never been to. So my new mission is to try a new restaurant at least every other week. My first stop was Portage Bay Cafe. They are deemed the best waffles in the city because of their great toppings bar. So of course all morning I talked about how excited I was to have some great waffles but once I got in the door I just wasn't feeling it. As usual I scanned the room to see what others had ordered. My neighbor seemed to be enjoying her meal so I pulled the ol' "I'll have what she's having" line from When Harry Met Sally and got The Classic Benedict with Salmon. I've never had eggs benedict before, but wow it was delicious! The portions were huge so you should definitely come with an appetite. Everything was so good and best of all it's organic. They really mean what they say "Eat Like You Give A Damn" because they put a lot of thought into where they get their food, how they prepare it and how it tastes. Check em' out! I'm definitely going back... I still have to try those waffles!
Bon Appetit!

No comments:
Post a Comment